One Man Goalie Foosball Tables
There are basically two types of Foosball Table, those that have one goalie (Single Goalie), in the center, and those that have three goalies (Multiple Goalie) on the back line. Different people have their own preference for the type of table they prefer. But if you are serious about your Foosball, then you should become a used to playing on both multiple, and one man goalie foosball tables.
The Single Goalie Foosball Table
Apart from the clear difference in the number of goalies, the One Man Goalie Foosball Table has sloped corners. If the ball goes to a corner, it will roll back into play. A single goalie cannot get right into the corners which is why the slope is needed. There is no need for sloped corners in the multiple goalie system, as there is nowhere on the pitch a player cannot reach the ball.
Most people do not realize that on a multiple goalie table, only the center player can block a shot on goal. The outside two goalies do not have the range to cover the goal. It is really one goalie, and two players to get the balls out of the corners.
The single/multiple goalie system, is the reason that the number of men on a foosball table is sometimes quoted as 22 and 26. The two extra goalies on each side boost the number of men by 4. It also explains why when you buy a full set of new men for your table, you have “spares” if your table has the one goalie setup.
History Of The Single Goalie Foosball Table
One Man Goalie Foosball Tables were really the only ones that were available 20 or 30 years ago. I believe it was Tornado that initially released the multiple goalie system. There were two reasons that this happened
1) The sloped corners of the Single Goalie Table meant the ball could fly off the table. This did not happen very often, but it was the reason given.
2) It is cheaper to add multiple goalies to the back line, than it is to make a playing surface that is curved at the corners.
One Man Goalie Foosball Tables Usage Today
Single Goalie Tables are still not uncommon today. Some manufacturers still make this type of table. Also, the top quality tables of 20 years ago are still around today, as the build quality of these old tables are excellent. A lot of skilled players prefer the single goalie system. Conversely, casual player tend to think that the multiple goalie system is more fun.
The Multiple goalie system is most used in The USA. In Europe, and England (Where I am from) you very rarely get professional quality tables with multiple goalies. They are almost all One Man Goalie setups
So which type of table should be used in Competitions and Tournaments? The real answer is either! Competitions are played on both Single Goalie and the multiple setups. So if you prefer the one man goalie, make sure you check, and enter the right competitions
Single Goalie Foosball Table – Conversion Kit
There are conversion kits available to convert some of the multiple goalie, to the one goalie tables. You should never cut or break the men off as this could leave you with an unbalanced rod.
How to Convert To A One Man Goalie Foosball Table
1. Find out if a conversion kit exists for your table, and buy one
2. Detach the three players that are currently on the goal rod.
3. Slide the rod out slightly and take the loosened men off.
4. Put the rubber stopper on the far end rod
5. Put the goalie on to the bar in the middle (facing the right way)
6. Put the second stopper on the far end of the bar.
7. Do the same for the second side
8. Attach the four sloped corner pieces to each corner with something like double sided tape, or whatever the instructions recommend using.
Recommended 1 Goalie Tables
- FAMILY FUN - A true classic, foosball is a timeless game that's been entertaining kids and adults for decades.
- STURDY - Solid construction built to withstand the excitement of the game, with two teams of 11 players organized into 4 rows each on long-lasting chrome rods.
- KEEP SCORE - Keep track of the score with the simple score sliders. Two balls are included so you've got everything you need to start having fun right out of the box.
- VERSATILE, STYLISH DESIGN - Perfect for a games room, family room, office, club and more.
- SPECS - Dimensions - 48" x 24" x 31" (L x W x H
- Enjoy Wonderful Game Time: Restore real football fields such as 22 well-made players and the green playground. Moreover, manual scorers on each side to allow you to record game score, making the football match more exciting. Table football can increase your coordination ability and balance.
- Protective Pads & Comfortable Handle: The non-skid handle is ergonomically designed for easy grip and use, minimizing discomfort and avoiding hand slip. The four legs of the foosball table equipped with protective pads will protect your floor.
- Durable & Safe MDF Fiberboard: Soccer foosball game table is made of high-quality and environmentally-friendly MDF fiberboard. 48” Foosball Table has thickened wooden table legs crossbars on both sides. These features will guarantee your safety and the stability of the table.
- Smooth Playing Surface & Round Edges: Game table’s tabletop is bright green which is simulating the color of the lawn. The large and smooth playing field provides more comfortable use and better gaming experience. Round edges will also avoid injury during playing.
- Suitable for Many Occasions: Available indoors and outdoors, suitable for 2-4 people to play. Ideal for party, family game night. It is also easy to assemble, just follow our step by step instructions and you will assemble them in no time.
- TABLE FOOTBALL 55 INCHES Model TOP-CLASS COLOUR BLACK
- SOLID AND STRONG The product is new and packed REGULATION SIZE! Table Football model Top Class with excellent price/quality ratio. In fact, the product is built in solid MDF wood, with metal bars, which reinforce the legs, making the article indestructible and strong. Ideal for pleasant matches with friends or relatives.
- Its weight is 132 POUNDS, very stable, the solid poles slide easily to facilitate the game. Football table is suitable for young people and adults (it is not suitable for children under 36 months). This item is delivered in a strong box and it is easy to assemble by following the instructions included in the package.
- Colour: Black Material: MDF wood Weight: 132 POUNDS Size: 55 inches long x 30 inches wide x 33 inches tall. (50 inches wide including the rods) Poles Diameter: 0,63 inches Play field: 45.62 in. x 27.62 in. 2 balls 4 leg levelers for fair games 22 Players Abacus score units Side ball returns Drink holders
- BUILT FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY - This football game table is built with a thick commercial-grade split cabinet that can withstand the toughest and most intense play. Patented rubber bumpers, players, and rods, eight-sided molded handle with non-slip surface for enhanced comfort and grip as well as end protectors to help preserve laminate edges. Assembled Dimensions: 56 L x 30 W (70 inches including rods) x 36 H inches / Weight: 355 pounds
- CONVENIENT DESIGN AND GAMEPLAY - The single goalie setup matched the patented Tornado counterbalanced players with redesigned player foot for more precise ball control. Featuring 4 easily adjustable leg levelers and solid legs for convenience and stability. Also, includes 1.63-inch side walls and a new ball drop approved for tournament play. Moreover, the table is designed with a thick chrome-plated, hollow steel rods that are heat treated in order to provide added strength and smoothest play.
- PACKED WITH FREE ACCESSORIES - Hassle-free game table featuring an abacus scoring unit with Game Count Score for active play. It also comes with 3 precision high visibility balls, a bottle of silicone, bearing wrench, pin punch, and rulebook, complimentary spare parks pack, which consists of one man of each color, 4 roll pins, one bumper, and a genuine Tornado sticker.
- CERTIFIED TOURNAMENT PLAY GAME TABLE - The official game table of Tornado National Tour and Tornado National Foosball League, as well as the International Table Soccer Foundation.
- FREE SHIPPING AND WARRANTY - Get a 1 year manufacturer warranty and free shipping when you purchase from Dazadi.
If you require more information, please check these references
www.foosball.com , article, “Index Php”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
www.foosballsoccer.com , article, “Faqs Html”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
www.foosballtips.com , article, “Foosball One Goalie Or Three “, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API