Full-sized Foosball tables are large, and take up a lot of room. Yes, they are great fun for everyone, but not everyone has the space to permanently allocate for a Foosball table. A full-sized table is also hefty, so you cannot quickly move it out of the way when you are not using it
If you live in a basement, condo, apartment or any smaller living space, or if you just do not want a full sized table taking up most of a room, then a tabletop table may be the ideal solution. These take up less space, come in many sizes and cost less than there full sized brothers, so are suitable for anyone who does not have a lot of spare space in their home. Table top tables tend to have a pitch of about have the size of a full table
Another option, should you want a bigger table, but not really want a full sized table around all of the time is to get a Foldup Table. These can be about the same size as a full sized table, but the main difference being that the legs fold up, and they are a lot lighter so that they can be stored when they are not in use.
Table Top Tables
Why would you want a small tabletop table?
Clearly, we would all like a full-sized Tornado Table in our den. However, these need a space of around six-foot square, once you include the players, and this space cannot easily be used for something else when the game is not in use. A tabletop table can be used in (depending on the size of the model you buy, and the size of the people playing – Kids usually need much less space than a 200lb man), approximately four-foot square.
These tables have no legs, meaning that you need to use an area that is already being used for something else, a dining table, work surface, kitchen table etc. So no dedicated space is required for a tabletop foosball table.
When the game is not being used it really requires no space at all, merely slide the foosball table under a bed, put it in a closet or store it in your garage/loft. You can have this type of table even in a tiny living space
Tabletop tables, while you can get some good quality tables, are not as big and heavy as there full-size relatives. This means that fewer materials are used in manufacture, and this manufacturing is much simpler. The table is made out of composites rather than a solid block of wood. All of which makes producing the table a lot cheaper compared with full-sized tables. These savings are passed on to you the customer.
A typical tabletop will probably cost less than 10-20% of the price of a full sized table.
Types of Table Top Foosball Tables
Kids love to play games, but for smaller children, full-sized tables do not make a lot of sense. Young children can go off things very quickly, and you do not want to buy an expensive full-sized table, for it only to be used in the first week, then forgotten about/p>
Also, young children are small (but you probably knew that didn’t you?), and full-sized tables are designed with adults in mind. This means that they are not really suited to small children for the following reasons
They will be too high. The tables are designed for an adult to play comfortably, this means children may have to stand on something, adding to safety concerns.
The table is too long. Children cannot easily reach all of the rods on the table from one position. THIS meanS that they have to move to get to the rods they need. Impossible if they are also standing on a chair.
The rods are heavy and have to be moved a long way to get the players from one side of the Foosball pitch to another. Again no good if you have got small arms.
But Good NewsAll of these problems can be solved if you buy a tabletop table. It’s smaller taking up less space, and cheaperThe quality of tables designed for kids, in general, is lower than those designed for adults. But kids grow quickly, and a table that was the right size for them now is probably going to be too small for them in 2-3 years’ time. If you want a better quality table, then a Tabletop designed for adults will work equally well with children.
Tabletop games designed for adults tend to be bigger than those design for kids, for obvious reasons. They are usually a little better quality and will last longer. This extra size and durability will, of course, make manufacturing more expensive, and therefore these tables tend to be a bit more expensive than kids tables.
I would not recommend getting a kids table for adults, it will probably be too small, and your extra strength will likely cause it to break sooner
How sturdy is a Tabletop Foosball Table?
The durability varies from table to table, but these are never going to be as strong as a full table made from solid wood and metal. The larger table tops are usually sturdier, as the materials are thicker and easier to reinforce.
Tabletops tend to be made from MDF or composite wood material. These materials are both perfect for building this type of tables, but if long life and durability are critical to you, then MDF tends to be more durable than composite wood
When is a Tabletop not the right choice?
If you want a professional level game, or want to practice to become an expert, then this type of table is probably not a good choice. You cannot use as much vigour, push and pull the rods with a lot of force as you can on a full sized table, as the table is smaller, lighter and will quickly move should you try some of these moves/p>
Fold Up Tables
Tabletops are useful in a small space, however there size tends to be about half of that of a full table. What about if you want to save space, and still have a full sized table in your home? Well, this is where you may consider a folding table, these are really a cross between the full table and a tabletop table. It will have everything that a tabletop table has and a lot more.
A Fold up table is also designed with space saving in mind, but requires more space to play, as it can be sized up to a full-sized table. It has its own legs, so is going to be the right height. You do not have to find something to put it on which is the height you require. The legs can naturally be folded up, and the table stored As it is bigger and has folded legs it is going to need more storage space. It should still fit under a bed, in a closet, or loft/ basement/garage. Before you buy one of these ,look at the folded size and make sure that you are going to have the room to store it.
The tables are again not really for professional players, they tend to be excellent tables, and you can have great games at family gathering or with your friends, but if you are an advanced player looking to improve your game or play other players of a similar standard, you would probably be better off looking at full-sized dedicated foosball tables.
The main disadvantage with fold up tables is with the leg folding mechanism These can become loose over the years as they keep getting fold up and unfolded again, but I still would not let this put you off considering one of these great tables.
Recomended Table Top Tables
- UNPLUG & PLAY: Stay active and spend quality time with family and friends
- GOOOOOOAAAALLLL!: Designed for convenient play, the FX40 includes goal boxes with an easy ball return. It also features non-marking rubber pads to protect all your table surfaces.
- KEEP THE COMPETITION ALIVE: Manual scorers and goal boxes with convenient ball return are featured on each side for easy, fun, and competitive play!
- GET A GRIP: Chrome-plated steel rods are ideal for swift shots while the rubber grooved handles enable a strong and stable grip
- FOOSBALL TO-GO: Measuring 40"L x 20"W x 8"H and weighing just 15lbs, you can easily bring this game with you to birthday parties, family gatherings, or game nights and set up on any table!
- A FUSION OF YOUTHFUL VIBE AND QUALITY - This football table has vibrant and modern graphics, a sturdy construction and awesome features which include: a durable cabinet, stable legs with non-marking pads, easy-to-maneuver silver steel rods with non-slip rubber handles, wear-resistant screen-printed graphics, ball pockets for easy retrieval, and deluxe bearings so you can obtain maximum ball control and shot precision. Assembled dimensions: 38 x 19.75 x 8 inches / Weight: 12.13 pounds.
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT DESIGN - Durable soccer table can fit on top of your kitchen counter, coffee table, or on your floor without leaving scratches. The 3-goalie setup is ideal for 4-year-old kids and kids at heart. Light enough for easy transport and storage, with guaranteed resilience to withstand the high energy of players.
- PACKED WITH COMPLETE PARTS AND FREE ACCESSORIES - Everything you need comes with the package: 2 black and white fusball balls, 2 durable goals, 6 sturdy goalie configurations, and 2 manual slide scoring units. Also includes a clear assembly manual.
- DAZADI MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and WARRANTY - Your game table will arrive with all the necessary parts without defect and/or shipping damage. Well ship new replacement parts or an entirely new table for free in the event of defect or damage. If you still arent satisfied, youll get a full refund. We also offer in-home delivery and assembly for an added fee. In the 90-day warranty period we will repair or replace defective parts at no cost to the purchaser
- DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED BY HARVIL - All Harvil items are designed and engineered by creative people right here in the USA. We are a family business and we design our products to be enjoyed by family and friends. Even though many of these items are manufactured in Asia, we are proud to have Americans who understand Americans needs bringing our items to life.
- 【Portable Design】 Giantex durable soccer arcade can fit on top of your kitchen counter, coffee table, or on your floor without leaving scratches. Light enough for easy transport and storage, with guaranteed resilience to withstand the high energy of players.
- 【Durable Structure】Constructed of strong wood construction and solid steel rods, sturdy and reliable, can serve you for a long time. In addition, 4 leg construction provides additional stability.
- 【Fun For All Age】 Kids and adults will be able to get lots of enjoyment from this versatile and simple-to-use interactive furniture. It will fit in nicely in a game room, garage or playroom to give you a unique entertainment option.
- 【Easy To Play】6 rows are included within the table to allow 3 rows per team; 9 red players and 9 yellow players. Internal ball retrieval at each goal. Plastic manual slide scorers at each goal.
- 【Suitable For Daily Use】Unified leg panel design with leg spanners on each side. Scoring device to count the game process conveniently. Overall Dimension: 27" X 15" X 9"(L X W X H). Football Field: 23"X13.5"(L X W).
Recommended Foldup Tables
- SPACE-SAVING SIZE: Small recreation foosball table is 48 inches long x 24 inches wide x 32 inches tall; Weighs 48 pounds; Folded dimensions: 63 inches high x 24 inches wide x 20 inches long
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: 15 mm thick PVC laminated MDF side aprons, legs and 5mm thick green playing field with white goal lines, plastic players and handles, hollow 1/2-inch metal telescoping rods
- ENDLESS FUN: Consist of 1 foosball table set, 2 plastic manual score counters, and 2 balls; Fun for the whole family
- EASY TO MOVE AND STORE: Portable playroom foosball table is foldable for easy storage and transportation; Assembly required upon delivery
- WARRANTY: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- SLEEK, STABLE, AND STURDY - This durable outdoor professional game table heavy-duty construction to ensure that it is capable of enduring strong hits and long hours of playing. Dimensions: 56.68 L x 29.92 W x 34.64 H inches/ Weight: 165 pounds
- SMOOTH PLAYING FIELD - The tables grass green playing field is plastic-laminated with painted white lines.
- FOLDING LEGS FOR STORAGE - This ultimate foosball table is designed with folding legs for a hassle-free storage.
- AWESOME FEATURES AND ACCESSORIES - This foosball table is packed with telescoping rods, abacus scorers and 10 white standard balls included in the package.
- WARRANTY - Buy this awesome outdoor foosball table and get a 2 year warranty from Dazadi.
- Fast Paced Action Foosball Table with Folding Leg
- MDF Construction
- Strong Chromium Steel Rods
- Includes 2 foosballs
- Assembly Required
Youtube Example Table Top Foosball
Youtube Example Foldup Table
Last update on 2019-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API