What is a Foosball Drinking Game?
A Foosball drinking game is any game that involves a Foosball Table, where drinking alcohol is involved. These games usually happen at parties, or bars, and games include Standard Foosball Drinking Game, Multiball Drinking Game & First To Finish
When playing games like this, you need to ensure that the best players are handicapped in some way, as there will probably be novices there as well, and the goal is that everyone has fun and get a little tipsy.
Remember to drink responsibly (Have to put that in)! However, remember not to make the drinks too strong. When playing games like this, there will be a lot of goals scored, then a lot of drinks drunk, you want the party/event to last more than 10 minutes (I assume)
The following are some of the more common Foosball drinking games
Standard Foosball Drinking Game
There are two variations of this game, both very similar. Basically you play a standard game of Foosball, for a certain amount of time, or the first person to reach a specific number of goals. Exactly as you would with a regular game of Foosball.
Standard Foosball Drinking Game – Variation one
1. Every time your opponent scores against you-you have to take a drink
Standard Foosball Drinking Game – Variation two
1 If your opponent scores from mid-field or attack, you have to take one drink.
2 If they score from the defense or goalie, then you have to have two drinks.
3 If you score an own goal, then you have to take three drinks
Carry on playing until the elapsed time has past, or a specific number of goals has been reached.
Again do not make the drinks too strong. Otherwise, you and your buddies are not going to be playing the game very long! If you use full shots, three drinks for a own goal, is going to mean everyone is wasted in 10 minutes
Multiball Drinking Game
You need a lot of foosballs for this game! What you do is to place 10 (or any number) of foosballs on the center line of the table. A whistle is then blown, and the opposing players need to try to get as many of the foosballs into the opponent’s goal as possible.
Once all of the balls are in the goals, work out the scores, and the loser has to take one drink for every point of difference in the score. So for example, if the score was 6-4, the difference is two, so the loser would have to take two drinks
The other variation on this game is where you have to take a drink for every goal scored by your opponent. So in the example above, 6-4, the loser would take six drinks, and the winner would have to take four.
First To Finish – Foosball Drinking Game
This game requires larger drinks, like pints of beer, cans of beer, etc. In this game, the winner is the first person or team to finish all of their drink. It is played as follows:
Play a regular game of foosball, but you do not need to keep scores. When you score a goal, you can chug your drink until your opponents have recovered the ball and put it back into play. You must stop as soon as the ball is in play and continue playing.
The winners of First To Finish, are the first person or team to have finished all of their drink
Penalty shots involve using only the defense and goalie bar, for the person defending, and the midfield bar (or attacking bar) for the attacker. All of the other bars are raised to the horizontal position so that they are not involved in the play.
Each person then takes a given number of shots (usually 10) from the midfield bar. They can pass it to the other players, and shoot from any player, but only on this bar.
If the ball goes into the goal, that is a point scored, but if it rebounds off the back wall to the midfielders again, that is a miss, and they may not attempt to shoot again.
The winner is the person with the most penalty goals, and the loser must take one drink for each point difference in the score (the, e.g., a 6-4 difference is 2, the loser has to take two drinks)
Mini Table Drinking Game
This game is bought separately, so you need to plan ahead. You only need this set when you do not have access to a Foosball Table. What it is, is a tiny Foosball Table, with a set of shot glasses. Its small size you can take this set anywhere and play the drinking games mentioned above
Advantage To Weaker Player In Games
In a party/bar drinking games competition, you are very often going to find that the players are very inconsistent in their skill at the foosball game. This can spoil the fun if you do not handicap the better players in some way.
Some ideas to handicap the better players are as follows:
(No! you can’t break their fingers!)
When playing games where the number of goals determines the winner, give the weaker player an advantage, if playing Multiball with ten balls, give the weaker player a two-goal (for example) head start
When playing team games, pair the worst player with the best players, not buddies playing together.
You can make outstanding players use one hand when playing (either their main hand or weaker hand depending on the game)
You can make the better player use fewer men, for example, you can say that they are not allowed to use the attacking bar for a game against a bad player.
The whole idea of this is that everyone has fun, and it is not much fun if you always lose and are regularly drinking – It probably isn’t much fun always to win and never get a drink, but they have the choice to lose on purpose and get a few drinks
Related Drinking Games
This is a drinking game where players throw a ping-pong ball across a table. There are cups of beer at each end of the table; the goal is to land the ball in the cup of beer at the opposing team’s side.
There are two teams with a triangle of 6 – 10 cups at each end filled with beer. Each team takes turns to try to bounce the ball into their opponent’s cups. It the ball lands in a cup, the adversaries have to drink the beer, and the cup is removed.
The winning team is the first team to remove all of the opponent’s cups
This drinking game involves some preplanning, as you will need a shot roulette table or an ordinary roulette table with drinks associated with each number.
A shot roulette table is a circular table which looks like a roulette table, but around the edges are several shot glasses. Each of these is filled with different drinks of varying amounts.
Each person spins the roulette wheel and has to drink the drink that they win.
This is the drinking version of the standard Jenga Game; each brick has a task to be performed on it. As each block is removed, the person who took it has to perform that task.
You can either use a standard version of Jenga, and write the tasks on the blocks yourselves, or buy a Drinking Jenga game, which will already have tasks printed on all of the blocks
The loser is the one who knocks the tower over as usual.
- Materials: Glass, plastic and MDF
- Set includes a game board and 6 shot glasses
- Table dimensions: 20 x 12 x 3.25 inches
- Hand wash only
- UPGRADE YOUR PARTY: Portable 8-foot beer pong table made of high-strength yet lightweight aluminum, 6 pong balls included
- OFFICIAL BEER PONG SIZE: Regulation table for tournament brackets, 8 feet x 2 feet x 27.5 inches, weighs 25 pounds
- EVENT DAY FAVORITE: The center of attention at house parties, BBQs, tailgates, campsites, holiday weekends and more!
- BEER SPILLS: Durable melamine beer proof playing surface withstands the rowdiest parties (do not leave table out in the elements)
- COMPACT FOLD-UP DESIGN: Folds briefcase style for portability and neat storage, 2 feet x 5.5 inches x 2 feet
- Shot Roulette by EZ Drinker
- 16 Numbered Shot Glasses
- Functional Roulette Wheel
- 2 Metallic Balls
- 12" Wide and 2" Tall
- PERFECT PARTY STARTER - If you like drinking around people that are laughing and having fun, here's your chance to bring that to any occasion. This classic tower game is a great icebreaker or pregame activity.
- WHATS INCLUDED - 54 premium quality birch blocks with hilarious drinking rules on 30 of them. Comes in carrying box with a list of rules and all the tiles explained. Bring the party anywhere you go!
- CUSTOMIZE GAME TO YOUR PARTY STYLE - 24 of the blocks are left blank so you can write your own party tasks on them. Everyone party's different so make rules that you and your friends will enjoy.
- ACCEPTABLE FOR ANY OCCASION - Great alternative to drinking card games that everyone can play. Ideal for birthday party's, college, bachelor or bachelorette parties, tailgates, game nights, girls night, happy hour at the bar, or day drinking.
- MAKES THE PERFECT GIFT - Great novelty gift for Birthdays, Graduations, Weddings, White Elephant parties, Secret Santa. 100% chance you will enjoy this game or your money back!
If you require more information, please check these references
www.reddit.com , article, “Any Good Drinking Games Involving A Foosball Table “, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
www.pinterest.co.uk , article, “28710516344725427 “, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
chicagorex.com , article, “The Foosball Drinking Game”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
Last update on 2019-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API