Foosball Table With A Glass Playing Surface
Why Do You Want A Table Glass With A Glass Surface
Glass playing surfaces have a number of advantages over surfaces that are derived from wood or plastic surfaces. The main ones are:
• Once attached to the table, very strong and will last forever
• Very easy to clean, can use most cleaners with no damage
• Can be kept outside with no adverse side effects
• Spills and rubbish falling onto the table will not damage it
• Allows for a very fast game, if that is what you are looking for
There are a couple of disadvantages
• Very expensive compare to other table surfaces
• Vary fragile until it is attached to wood/board on which it rests
Faster Playing Speed On A Foosball Table with a Glass Surface
In the United States, tables tend to be built with a focus in the speed of the game, this differs from most European styles where the game is usually slower with more ball control. In order to get the fastest game, a Foosball Table with a glass surface, with ABS Counter balanced men (Which tend to be heavier, and can hit the ball harder), and a good ball, with give one of the fastest games possible
Adding A Glass Surface To Your Foosball Table
If you are considering adding a Glass Playing Surface to your existing table then StealthBoy has written a guide to doing exactly that. I cannot really comment too much on this as it is not something that I have personally tried to do
Also, I needed to figure out the playfield surface. In order to closely reproduce the surface of a Tornado (which is non-smooth), our playfield is made of a base 3/4″ inch particle board, a paper playfield, and then 1/8″ Plexiglas roughed with 60-grit sandpaper, all sandwiched with a clear artists’ spray mount adhesive. This gives it a nice, translucent look while giving the right texture for ball pinning. I drew our playfield using the Gimp. You can download the file here. So, our playfield cost $29 instead of the $250 for a real Tornado top. It’s all about the budget.
Tables With A Glass Surface
- HIGH-QUALITY FOOSBALL TABLE - Weatherproof indoor/outdoor foosball table with high-speed glass playing surface. Dimensions: 59 L x 31 W x 12 H inches/ Approximate Weight: 140 pounds.
- MADE FOR SMOOTH HIGH-SPEED ACTION - Anti-rust chromium plating straight through poles. Side and corner rails that keep the ball in play and nylon bushings for smooth high-speed action and reduced wear and tear.
- GREAT FEATURES - Unbreakable players molded on the rods, ball pocket behind each goal for easy ball retrieval, and resin score counters with blue/grey cubes.
- COMPLETE FOOSBALL ACCESSORIES - The Carbon foosball table comes with resin balls and a durable storage cover.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY - Enjoy a 3-year warranty. Shipping included.
If you require more information, please check these references
www.foosballsoccer.com , article, “Styles Of Tables Html”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
foosball.com , article, “Index Php”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
www.foosball.com , article, “Index Php”, retrieved on, Tue 28-May-2019
Foosball Tables come with a variety of different playing surfaces. In The United States, the tables surfaces tend to be or the harder and smoother materials, usually some type of wood or hardboard. Some tables come with a Glass playing surface. So what are the advantages of this type of surface, and would you want one on your table?
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API